Monday, October 25, 2010

Moblin Update

Well its been about two weeks with the netbook, and given the choice between the netbook and a tablet I'm currently leaning towards the tablet. I like the fact that I can be on AIM while I search the web and generally play around on the netbook. However, my thumbs always hit the touch pad moving the cursor and making it generally annoying to do much typing on it.

It's main use, for me at least, is a web browser and even that is annoying due to the smaller screen than a tablet. I also like the tablet games more due to the touch screen interface. Add to that the apps that are available for the tablets, and the cross-platform (tablet/phone) nature of the apps and I've got to give the advantage to the tablets.

Next up for me will be the Chrome OS. Going to download the most recent beta build and give it a run.

No comments: