Friday, November 05, 2010

netbook chrome

Well...I installed one of the Flow builds (Chromium OS) by Hexxah: http://chromeos.hexxeh.net/

If all you want is a browser, and let's face it with the number of web accessible application its a valid market, then chromium is decent. This isn't going to much of a review, because I really didn't get too deep into testing it. Additionally, I think it would be unfair to talk about bugs or missing features that I assume will be fixed by launch.

Anyway, I liked it for a beta and look forward to the official release when its finally available. It worked on my HP with no issues. It booted and ran well off of a thumb drive, and installed easily on the HD.

I'm now going to check out Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Edition...in general I like the Ubuntu distros so I expect to be generally pleased with their Netbook OS. Guess we'll see in a couple weeks.


No comments: